Friday, September 3, 2010

Week 2 Photography Project August 30 - September 3

I took this picture at my home, outside on our swing set. It is one of the chains that hooks our swings to the wooden beams that hold the swing set together. I like this picture because I like the way the chain stands out from the background. I feel this demonstrates a strong center of interest, but also a different angle of perspective. I think this is a good center of interest because it sticks out from the background and it is kind of centered in the middle of the picture. I think this is also a good example of angle of perspective because it's a different view from what we normally see when we look at a chain.

This frog with the gazing ball is in the sandbox by the playhouse we have in my backyard. I like this picture a lot. I love how if you look closely you can see the colors of the sunset in the left side of the gazing ball as well as how the colors make the fence glow a little bit. I feel like this demonstrates the rule of thirds because obviously the frog is positioned off to the left side of the photo. 
I took this picture last summer at the Tennessee state capitol building in Nashville. I loved spiral staircases and I thought this one was really cool with the funky white metal designs all over it. This picture definitely is an example of angle of perspective. It gives you a different view of the staircase, and also the rest of the room. 
This picture is one that I took last summer also on a family vacation to the southwest. This picture was taken outside a little town in Colorado. This picture demonstrates the rule of thirds because of the leaf, but I think it demonstrates de-clutter the background as well because the fact that the background is blurred adds more to the picture.

1 comment:

  1. Great work. I agree with all of your comments. I really like the staircase shot also. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete